Thursday, July 16, 2009

A rose by any other name...

Ainsley and Hudson are both going to VBS this week at Abundant Life. They have loved it (although there is an Ainsley story from the 1st and 2nd nights that when I have time I will write down for my other blog). I confirmed tonight another example of something that Hudson and I have in common. This year at preschool it took him a really long time to learn the other boys names, and aside from 1 or 2 he never knew any of the girls names. Like me, Hudson just has a hard time remembering peoples names. I was suspicious last night, and confirmed tonight, that he is just calling any boy he plays with "Jackson" or "Connor." We originally thought Jackson from church was going to go to this VBS and Conner was his best friend at pre-school. So rather than learning the kids actual names, he is just calling them the two names that come to mind easily. I guess that works when you are 5. I think I'm just going to pick a name to start calling people who I can't remember. Will that be a social problem?

1 comment:

Jenne said...

I think jackson will be flattered to learn that his name is always on the tip of Hudson's tongue!

Love,
What's-Her-Toes