Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Camden = Six

Dear Camden,

I'm going to steal Grandma Seaquist's line and say, "I love you with all my heart." Today you turned six. Six years ago when I was holding a tiny baby boy I had no idea what an amazing person you would become. The best thing to say is that in so many ways you never cease to amaze us. You have a great vocabulary. In fact, that is one of the things your teacher is impressed by. When I think of how to describe you a whole bunch of adjectives pop into my head. What is funny is how some of them are opposites of each other. Here is a list:

Inquisitive
Clever
Intense
Gentle
Fast
Volatile
Bright
Kind
Fun
Thoughtful
Loving

In the past year you  have grown up so much. You started kindergarten this year and FINALLY got to ride the bus to school like you have wanted to do pretty much your whole life. You love school, although it surprises me that some mornings you complain about having to go. I think you don't always want to leave what you are doing at home. You always come home from school happy. Your teacher is perfect for you, although getting her involved some drama. We thought you would have Mrs. Manzella, but then she got moved to 3rd grade. So not only did you not get her, Hudson did. So then school started and there were 40 (!) kids in your class so they spilt the class and you had a different teacher. After some issues there they ended up getting Mrs. Brier who taught for 30+ years at Deep Creek to come and teach your class and she is wonderful. You love her and she is great with you. At your conference she just talked about how smart you are and how she can't believe the words you use. Her only concern was that you and your friend Richelle hold hands and hug too much in class. Cute. Richelle is super sweet and fun so we get why you like her as a friend. She also looks a lot like Eleison who you adore so it makes sense. We had a little chat after conferences about not holding hands in school though.

Your plan for your birthday party was awesome, although I must admit I was worried. You wanted a "tinkerers" party. Basically you wanted to take stuff apart. So we collected a bunch of old machines, DVD players, remotes, power tools, cameras, etc and let the kids take them apart. It was great. I have had so many of the parents of the kids who came tell me later how much fun their son had and how they just loved it. It was all your idea. You also wanted to give everyone protractors and have them measure angles, and I shut that idea down. There is always next year.

You still like to dig for gold in the yard. And your sure one of these days your going to find some.

You still adore Reagan. You bring out the best in Ainsley. You and Hudson can fight like crazy, but I see the glimmers of a deep friendship between the two of you. The pattern between the two of you is for him to bug you, and you to overreact. Seeing the pattern doesn't help me shut it down often enough though.  I pray for the two of you would be best friends. I know God is going to grant that request and you will be blessed with a great relationship.

Camden, God has given you great abilities. When daddy was talking to Mrs. D (your preschool teacher) earlier this year about how kindergarten was going she said, "that kid will be a millionaire before he is 20." While I don't know about that, and I don't really care about you making money, I agree with her point that you are going to do great things. You are unique and God has a very special plan for your life. I am so lucky that I get to be your mom. I love you Camden.


Jeremiah 29:11


 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


Your machine cake.
Taking stuff apart.Intense workers.

The party kids.

No comments: