Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ainsley with the word mis-use this time (and a healthy does of self-esteem)

Ainsley has almost grown out of using words incorrectly, almost. This was the conversation at the dinner table the night I registered Hudson for kindergarten.

Ainsley: You are going to LOVE going to school at Deep Creek.

Hudson: But I want to go to school at my school still.

Ainsley: No, Deep Creek is way better. And besides, you will be a star there.

Hudson: Why?

Ainsley: Because everyone there loves me, and because you're one of my ancestors you will be like a star.

Ancestor is now a vocab word for the Pate family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is stinkin' funny! I wonder if I am a star because I am an ancestor. Love you!

Jenne said...

Uh oh! Did she use TWO words wrong, or did Mommy misuse a word, too?!?

...because *your* one of my ancestors...

Pate Family said...

Oh Jenne- thanks so much for catching that! I need an editor...

Jenne said...

You must know that I am not usually so fickle... I just thought it was funny!