Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Christimas gift I regret.

We thought it was a good solution. We don't have room for a piano, and Ainsley has been asking for one. So against Tennille's urging to get a piano because a keyboard just is not the same, we went with a nice keyboard from Costco. Turns out there is another reason to not get a keyboard. Here it is:
Can you see "main volume" and the little dial turned all the way over to "max?"

And can you see how the little display is lit up orange? That means it is playing something. Notice that there is no one actually standing in front of the keyboard. Turns out the keyboard we purchased has HUNDREDS of songs that it will play all by itself. My lovely children have 3 that they really like. Two are Christmas songs, the third is Ode to Joy that they stumbled upon and I made the mistake of mentioning that song is the one we walked down the aisle to at our wedding. Consequently they turn on these three songs over and over. The real problem is that once the song finishes, it just repeats. Over and over and over. A real piano wouldn't continue playing the same song over and over when the child that originally started playing it left the room.

There is nothing like a Christmas gift that makes you cringe at the sound of Christmas Carols and the main song from your wedding.

4 comments:

Tennille said...

I want to leave an "I told you so" on here, but I won't. WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS, WE WISH YOU...

Love you,
Tennille

Ally said...

Hilarious, only because it isn't me...

We have a very old and needing work piano which I love and I also inherited a keyboard from a friend recently, and one day I went downstairs (home of the keyboard) and Sylvia was running around like mad picking up toys in the playroom, inspired by some energetic jig she found on the keyboard. Perhaps you can find your own "clean up" song on yours and put that thing to good use?

Jenne said...

Oh, that's a bummer. I have CD players in a couple of rooms upstairs, plus a little built-in AM/FM radio in my kitchen. It is OFTEN that Weston will turn on each of the stereos in the house, sit in front of each one for a moment or two, and then move on. The effect is dizzy-ing. I go around turning them off and MAN does he get FRUSTRATED!

Wilson Family said...

Heheehee! =)