Monday, April 13, 2009

The Eight Year Old!


Dear Ainsley~

Eight! Really? On the one hand it seems like I have never not been your mom. On the other hand it seems more like 8 weeks ago that we had a little baby girl. You, my love, changed everything in lives. And still do.

This year has been so fun. You are so much more grown up it makes me nervous and excited at the same time. Yesterday you wore a long dress to church that made you look so grown up. I was honestly surprised at how you looked. Surprised in a good and happy way. And a little sad as I miss the little girl too.

At your birthday party on Friday you were so happy with all your friends there. Because this was your year to have a big friend party you got to pick a location. You picked roller skating because it was the place you could invite the most people. You are a little social butterfly. A few weeks ago you had a project for school that you couldn't carry on the bus. I offered to just take you to school that day so we could get it there okay. You wouldn't hear of that because you didn't want to miss your time with your friends on the bus, I dropped it off for you after putting you on the bus.

Life with you is not all sunshine and roses. Attitude is something we talk about quite a bit. A few weeks ago we had a discipline issue over attitude in a way that we haven't had to do in quite awhile. It was not fun for either of us. I was so proud of you that night when we prayed before bed and you thanked God for a mommy that disciplines you so you can learn how to act appropriately. I was amazed.

This last year you have discovered so many things that you love. Mystery books and cooking, playing with makeup and your hair, Little House on the Prairie and High School Musical (1,2, and 3), board games and basketball. So many things about you are so much like either your Daddy or I , and you have so many characteristics that are all your own.

I expect that this next year will be very focused on the addition of one more sibling. You love babies and are so excited. When I first found out we were having another baby I was overwhelmed, but so excited to tell you because I knew how happy you would be. The night we told you the first thing you did was make a sign for your door that says, "Good news has come again, my mom is having a baby! HAHAHAHA!" Then it has a box that says, "Ainsley's Opinion Box: I want it to be a girl. Boys are fine but I already have too many." You might think you have too many boys, but you continue to be sweet and kind to your brothers. They both love and adore you so much. I know you will be a great big sister to the baby, boy or girl.

Happy Birthday Ainsley Grace. Mommy and Daddy love you so much.



No comments: