Tuesday, May 6, 2008

If you drop by my house and there is a big pile of food on the floor, here is why.

About 5 minutes ago Camden refused to drink out of a cup unless someone else held it up for him. It reminded me of someone feeding a baby farm animal from a bottle. Especially strange considering this was a child that would cry at the sight of a bottle. He would bring the sippy cup over to you, yell "D, D, D, D" and shove the cup in your hand. If you didn't take it he would grab your hand and continue yelling at you. So now that is over and he immediately has gone to refusing to eat even a morsel of food that he has not put in his mouth himself. It doesn't matter, oatmeal, yogurt, soup, nothing goes in unless he is the one in charge of the utensil that gets it to his little mouth. And as if that is not messy enough, his way of telling you he is done is by turning the dish over upside down. Now... who wants to have the Pate family over for dinner?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do! When can you come?

Jenne said...

Does it make you miss having to hold his sippy cup?

Oh, and you can come to our house ANY TIME. Whenever we sit with guests I have to warn everyone that the little tyke at the end of the table has a food throwing habit. And yes, indeed, my sister was hit in the hand by a FLYING apple.

I was thankful that on THAT day, we averted the plate of rice tipped over onto the floor. Nothing worse then cleaning up tiny rice particals in carpet.

Megan said...

You and Jenne should get a dog. I hear they are great at cleaning the food off the floors! And the apple was a bit shocking even with the warning you gave :)

Anyways Tiffany, I stop by your blog on occasion and just thought I should leave a comment to say hello. (when I typed "hello" the first time I mistyped and put 'help', and actually I do need some help!) My sister mentioned that your oldest daughter was challenging when it came to getting dressed in the morning. We have a bit of a battle every morning with getting dressed and brushing hair. Any suggestions? (she wants to wear a dress every day, and she doesn't want her tangly hair brushed ever.)

Barry Arnold said...

Totally shocked...speechless...why, I never...